Sunday, February 4, 2007

Day 7-What a day!!!



Where to start....lol. Ok, I'll start with the pic, it was taken today at my dad's while we were painting his living room.

Well after that, Anthony, Arielle, Blake and I went to Cameron Park to ride the trails again. Everything was going fine, we got almost to the end of the longest trail when my bike gears or something stripped out and from then on when I would pedal it wouldn't go anywhere. So, here we are sitting at the end of the trails, with busted bike #1 wondering where the hell we are, when it dawned on me...we are at MCC campus by the frickin' baseball fields!!! Why the hell would you end the trails not in Cameron Park...makes NO sense! So by this point it's pretty hot outside, so here we go through the campus parking lots, me walking the whole way, up hills and stuff. Well we decided to go back the way we drove there, down several BUSY streets, but we found a shortcut road, which would have been fine but it was 5 mph & there were speed bumps, on a residential road...weird...anyways, by this point I was on Arielle's bike, she was on tony's, and he was on mine...just coasting. So by the time I walked up the hills on that road (I was walking because the hills were WAY too steep to ride) I thought I was dying, we didn't take any water with us..dumb I know. Anyways, I see the H-E-B, and said why dont we go stop there and get some water, well on the way there, Blake ran across a crack pipe laying in the middle of the road! lol Crazy I know, but it gets better. So as we're going to HEB the boys stop a car and ask them which is the best way back to Cameron Park, and the happened to point down the road beside HEB, so we decided to take that way. Well on our way down this road (keep in mind Anthony is still coasting on my bike, and cannot pedal anywhere)...Anthony gets chased by 2 dogs, one of them being a pit bull. So I automatically start freaking out and stop because I don't know what to do. As I watch him coasting down this hill with dogs biting at him, he almost falls of the bike and comes to a complete stop because, yet again...he can't pedal! lol So Arielle and I decide to start riding where he and Blake are going and PRAY to god the dogs won't bother us. Well we start going and all of a sudden... a loud BOOM, sounded like a gun shot....we were super scared and didn't know what happened, so we stopped AGAIN, and I discovered that the back tire on the bike I was riding BLEW OUT!!!! JESUS could this day get any worse!! It was so loud a girl came out of her house and asked if we were ok! LOL We were laughing SO hard at that point, all the while, Tony's fending off the dogs. So we start walking again, now with 2 bum bikes, I picked up some rocks because we had to walk past the dogs, and I wanted to be protected! lol anyways, the dogs did not even look at us...just walked on by..hmm weird. So we finally got to a known part of the park and Blake and I stayed back while Anthony and Arielle rode to get the truck on the only 2 good bikes left! lol

WOW, I'm sorry that was so long. But I don't know how to make it short without leaving stuff out! So that was my day!

Peace, Love & Crappy Bikes!

2 comments:

Paul Franson said...

Geez, what a day!

Good to see you back though!

Kerrie said...

heh crackpipes - ahhh that's waco for ya. haha